Our prediction for this Champions League match:
Inter will look to bounce back from a 2-0 loss to Bayern Munich when they face Plzen in the Champions League group stages round 2. The Nerazzurri are desperate to record their first win of the process, and the good news for the visiting side is that important attacker Romelu Lukaku is back in training. The Belgian striker is expected to play some part in Tuesday’s clash, while Simone Inzaghi has no fresh injury worries.
Plzen, on the other hand, experienced all sorts of problems at the back in a 5-1 loss to ten-man Barcelona. The Czechs do not seem to be competitive at this level; therefore, anything but a routine away win would be a major surprise. All Kliment, Kopic, and Reznik have been struggling with injuries of late, speaking of the home side, who take on Inter for the first time in the elite competition.
This match will be played on 13/09/2022 at 18:45
- Viktoria Plzen may make two changes to the side that lost to Barcelona, with Jan Kopic and Libor Holik both starting down their right flank.
- Romelu Lukaku remains a doubt for Inter here as the striker struggles with injury.
- He is, though, Inter’s only concern for Tuesday’s meeting with Viktoria Plzen.
- Nicolo Barella may start in place of Henrikh Mkhitaryan in midfield.
Inter Milan was unbeaten at home since March before the 2-0 defeat to Bayern last Tuesday. The narrow 1-0 win here against Torino on Saturday will bring some confidence back, especially with the result coming against one of the toughest defensive sides in the league.
However, the pressure is high on Simone Inzaghi to bag a win in this away fixture. Anything else might seal their exit from the competition depending on the result from Barcelona’s visit to Munich.
Meanwhile, the 5-1 drubbing handed by Barcelona is the first and only defeat for Plzen this season. They started their competitive campaign in July and managed to win 11 and drew 2 of the 14 played so far.
Despite doing well in the Czech top tier, nobody expects Vikoria to take anything from this group with the likes of Barcelona and Bayern firing from all cylinders.
OUR VISITORS PREDICTION:
- Viktoria Plzen were trounced 5-1 by Barcelona last week and while their task is a little easier this time out, Inter are still a tough opponent for the Czech side. They did bounce back with a 3-2 win at Sigma Olomouc at the weekend, however.
- Inter have been poor this season, with a 1-0 win over Torino just their second victory in their last five. They too lost their opening group stage game, falling to a 2-0 home defeat to Bayern Munich.
- Viktoria Plzen will look to make home advantage count in Group C, but Inter may have enough to secure all the spoils.