Our prediction for this Premier League match:
After dropping two points in a 1-1 draw with Aston Villa, Man City will look to get back on course when they take on Wolverhampton on Matchday 8. Erling Haaland continues to lead the line for the Citizens, and the star signing will surely pose a big threat to the opposition back-line. Aymeric Laporte has yet to overcome his injury, while fellow defender Kyle Walker faces race against clock to be fit for the match.
The Wolves, on the other hand, desperately needed a win against Southampton, and they managed to get one. Man City, though, do not suit Wolverhampton, and seeing that Pep Guardiola’s men emerged triumphant in each of their last four meetings in the elite competition, we are tempted to put our money on the reigning champions. Summer signing Sasa Kalajdzic misses out with a knee problem, with Chiquinho remaining in the recovery room as well.
This match will be played on 17/09/2022 at 13:30
- New signing Sasa Kalajdzic suffered an ACL injury on his debut and will be out long term. Raul Jimenez is also unavailable, while new striker Diego Costa hasn’t played a match in nine months.
- Deadline day signing Boubacar Traore has been cleared to play.
- A late decision will be taken on Kyle Walker, who missed the win over Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday through injury.
- Aymeric Laporte returned to full training earlier in the week but won’t be considered until after the break.
- Jack Grealish and Riyad Mahrez were particularly poor in midweek and both are expected to drop out of the side here.
- Erling Haaland scored the winner against former club Dortmund in midweek to continue his remarkable start to the season.
Wolves vs Manchester City Head-to-head:
- The latest encounter ended in a 1-5 win for Manchester City.
- They are on a four-fixture winning streak.
- They scored ten goals from their last three meetings at this ground.
- It’s been three years since the hosts won at this ground.
Wolves vs Manchester City Prediction:
- Wolves were winless in eight of their past ten overall fixtures, and they also remained so in 16 of their past 20 games. In the process they even went on a three-fixture losing streak.
- On the other hand, the Citizens were unbeaten in 56 of their past 60 overall matches, and during this stretch, they went on long series of wins too.
- They are easily the best team in Europe at the moment, and will be targeting nothing but a huge win this Saturday.