Our prediction for this Premier League match:
Nottingham Forest play host to Fulham at their City Ground on day 8 of the new Premier League campaign. The Reds made a promising start to the season, but they are on a three-game losing run ahead of the visit of Friday’s clash. Both Niakhate and Richards are sidelined with injuries, while Orel Mangala is a major doubt. The Cottagers, on the other hand, aim to bounce back from a 2-1 loss to Tottenham.
The capital club have been in a much better form of late than Nottingham Forest, and seeing that key attacker Aleksandar Mitrovic has already found his goal-scoring touch, away win should be considered. In their last meeting at the City Ground Fulham crushed Forest 4-0, and we predict that the history is going to repeat itself. As for the away team, both Wilson and Solomon are sidelined with injuries, while Robinson is a major doubt.
This match will be played on 16/09/2022 at 21:00
- Orel Mangala, Moussa Niakhate and Omar Richards are all sidelined for Nottingham Forest for Friday’s welcome of Fulham.
- Taiwo Awoniyi and Lewis O’Brien may both rotate into the side at the expense of Jesse Lingard and Cheikhou Kouyate, respectively.
- Marco Silva remains without three players for Friday’s trip to the City Ground, with Manor Solomon, Harry Wilson and Antonee Robinson absent.
- Layvin Kurzawa should debut at left-back in Robinson’s absence in what might be Silva’s only change to the side that started the 2-1 loss at Tottenham.
Nottingham Forest vs Fulham Head-to-head:
- The latest encounter ended in a 0-1 win for Nottingham.
- Fulham won five of the past seven clashes.
- The latest meeting at this ground ended in a 0-4 win for the guests.
- The visitors are on a three-fixture winning streak at this stadium.
Nottingham Forest vs Fulham Prediction
- Nottingham Forest will have benefitted from the brief break in Premier League action in order to carry out additional work on the training pitch. Forest have lost their last three league games and presently occupy one of the three relegation spots.
- By contrast, Fulham have made an impressive start upon their Premier League return. The Cottagers are 10th coming into Friday’s game, an impressive feat considering they have already faced Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham.
- With that in mind, Fulham may return to west London with all the spoils in tow.
- Considering these observations, expect a win for Fulham this Friday at the City Ground.