Our prediction for this Champions League match:
All eyes will be on Allianz Arena when Bayern Munich and Barcelona square off against each other in the Champions League derby. Julian Nagelsmann’s troops proved their worth in a 2-0 win over Inter, but they head into Tuesday’s clash following a slim 2-2 draw with Stuttgart. Summer signing Sadio Mane will be the man to watch in the home team, while pacey winger Kingsley Coman remains in the recovery room. Leroy Sane is widely expected to return to the starting XI.
The Catalan giants, on the other hand, rely on former Bayern Munich ace Robert Lewandowski, who has already netted nine goals in all competitions. Xavi has a full squad to choose from for the Group C derby, and, taking everything into account, over 2.5 goals betting option should be considered. When the two teams met in the Champions League quarter-finals two years ago Bayern crushed Barca 8-2.
This match will be played on 13/09/2022 at 21:00
- Kingsley Coman is ruled out for Bayern Munich, so Thomas Muller should start on the right flank, with Jamal Musiala featuring in the number 10 role.
- That should be Bayern’s only change to the side that started the 2-0 win over Inter last week.
- Barcelona have no injury or suspension concerns ahead of their trip to Bayern Munich
- Hector Bellerin and Marcos Alonso both missed out against Viktoria Plzen, yet are options for Xavi here.
Bayern Munich vs Barcelona Head-to-head:
Bayern are on a four match unbeaten run against Barcelona and they boast a 17-4 goal aggregate during this period.
Barcelona’s last win against the Bavarians happened in the 2015 semifinals. This is just their second win against the record German champions in 13 attempts.
At home, Bayern are unbeaten against Barcelona in competitive fixtures with four wins and two draws.
Seven straight Champions League fixtures between the two sides registered over 2.5 goals.
OUR VISITORS PREDICTION:
- Bayern have surprisingly won only two of their last five competitive matches following their 2-2 draw with VfB Stuttgart at the weekend. They have won their last four against Barcelona, however.
- This Blaugrana outfit are a different proposition, though, with former Bayern man Robert Lewandowski leading the charge with aplomb. Xavi’s side have won their last five in all competitions, scoring at least three times in all five victories, with Lewandowski in rampant form.
- In one of the games of the group stages, it’s one Barcelona could edge in what may prove a very entertaining encounter in Munich.
We are expecting a goal fest at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday with both teams coming on the back of terrific scoring form. History of matches between the teams also suggest the same with over 2.5 goals the norm. But we will take over 3.5 goals for a better price.
Robert Lewandowski can be backed to score in his return to the Allianz Arena. The Polish striker has scored in every game since firing blanks on matchday 1 of the La Liga season.
Though Bayern are heavy favorites to win, our prediction is a draw and we believe it will happen with the same scoreline when the teams played a stalemate in 1996.